Friday, January 9, 2015

IT'S TIME


Get ready...Joshua 1:2 (NIV)

If there was ever a time in my life where I was frustrated, it was then.  Standing in a very long queue for over 30 minutes waiting to be served by a cashier in a bank in Grenada. She took her time to speak to each customer personally, exchanged 'long pleasantries,' and dispensed funds at a leisurely pace.  This was not my idea of good customer care or service. 

Although I admired her gentle spirit and kind manner, I didn't appreciate the time it was taking to cash my travellers cheques. You see, I was on a mission, and as far as I was concerned she was hindering from that mission.

'You need to be more patient,' was Hubby's response, 'you're on holiday'.  Yes, he was right.  I was on holiday and I didn't want to spend so much of my precious time waiting around doing nothing.  I had things to do, places to go and people to see. I was up and rearing to go.

Joshua was given the command by God to 'get ready'.  He had spent years in the 'waiting room' to be told that it was time.  The time for the promise to be fulfilled.  The time of blessing.  The time to act.

I wonder if he stood around, mulled over the thought or did he get up and go? I don't have the answers, but I'm sure that he was very excited. It was time.

There is going to be a period in your life when the waiting will come to an end.  When you will receive your promise and your blessing.  When God will give you the command and tell you that' it's time'. 

Have you being waiting in the queue so long that you've fallen asleep? Or got lethargic? Or have changed your mind that you actually want to receive the blessing?

If so, stand up, shake yourself off and get ready.  It's time for your blessing!

Father, the waiting has become tedious - it's time for a breakthrough...

No comments:

Post a Comment